Project Procurement & Tendering Manager(
The project procurement & tendering manageris responsible for initiating and monitoring procurement activities and services for all the projects and tenders. The main responsibilities cover:
- Plan and implement a procurement strategy which is appropriate for the business in which SapuraKencana operates.
- Manage resources and ensure they are adequately allocated to Project/Tender teams.
- Monitoring and supervision of procurement activities including purchasing and subcontracting in all stages of the purchasing/procurement process including the tender phase, PO/subcontract follow-up, expediting, logistics and invoicing process.
- Initiate and follow up activities related to pre-qualification of vendors, and associated tender preparation and submittal.
- Liase with QHSES to ensure up-to-date records from existing or forthcoming suppliers.
- Liaise with Engineering on future developments or technical challenges where suppliers can offer assistance, propose alternative suppliers technologies to engineering.
- Co-ordinate procurement & logistics activities within SCM & Global offices.
- Provide relevant reporting to Projects, Management, and Procurement.
- Continuously look for areas of improvement in both the running of the department and procurement methods.
- Monitor adherence to procedures related to procurement/subcontracting.
- Provide costing input for major purchasing/subcontracts items for estimates and Tenders.
- Establish a historical cost database providing input/benchmarking to tenders and projects.
- Provide support during Tender clarification meetings and attend clarification meetings as required.
- Negotiate major strategic workscopes up to the point of contract award.
- Liaise with the Legal department in order to ensure that legal exposure
4.1 Education / Training
- Higher education or University degree in Engineering (B.Sc. / M.Sc.) or Business Administration (BA / MBA).
- Good verbal and written English.
- Minimum 10 years working experience within the offshore/EPCI contracting business.
- Minimum 3 years management experience.