External Affairs & Communication Manager-022129
- Manage Petrofac Malaysia’s relationships with key stakeholders, including PETRONAS, industry stakeholders and partners in support of Petrofac’s business in Malaysia
- Manage Petrofac’s representation in the media, including interfaces with Petronas’ press and corporate affairs team
- Provide strong executive support to Petrofac’s leadership team in respect of PETRONAS & government officials.
- Manage Petrofac’s external affairs needs (especially in respect of the company’s social performance), in accordance with the appropriate Petrofac Group standards and policies. Represent Petrofac at industry group and ad-hoc coalition meetings
- Manage Petrofac Malaysia’s communications tools, and day to day operations, including periodic reporting on goals and objectives, budgets etc.
- Managing a team of communications and external affairs specialists in support of the above
- Manage and coordinates internal communication in Petrofac Malaysia
- Manage and advise on corporate brand usage, ensuring compliance to corporate branding guidelines
- Identify and optimise the use of resources in execution of agreed plans
- Serves as the communications manager on Petrofac Malaysia’s Crisis Response team
- Contribute to the Communications and External Affairs Function as part of its extended leadership team
- Responsible for leading and managing Petrofac’s events.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in law, business, political science, engineering, public policy, finance or communication.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience, with significant similar experience with a global corporation, preferably in the extractive sector, or with an international law or consultancy firm; previous role in media relations or government relations would be viewed as a significant advantage.
- Strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Oil & Gas industry experience.
- Experience in government affairs preferred.
- High level of understanding of decision-making process and procedures in the country