Facilities & Operations Lead
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia
The Facilities & Operations Lead is responsible for coordinating the facilities aspects of asset evaluation (due diligence) studies for Schlumberger Production Management (SPM). Key aspects of this role include the review of existing facilities, planning the conceptual development of oil and gas fields, and providing support to the existing portfolio of SPM fields—including the ongoing development of onshore and offshore assets in the region. The Facilities & Operations Lead also supports the ADIL business development manager in Asia in business development initiatives. The successful Facilities & Operations Leads communicate articulately and persuasively, enjoy solving problems, and work well as part of a team.
- Supports SPM’s Asset Evaluation Team to choose the right assets for development and to achieve their project and operations targets for their existing assets.
- Provides coaching and guidance in project management and operations including the development of personnel assigned to the team adopting an attitude of care and respect for self and colleagues.
- Co-ordinates and plans resource requirements, recruits and develops project execution staff. Provides competence assurance for the tasks undertaken, is responsible for team performance and improvement as required.
- Provides effective communication at all levels ensuring that all interfaces are being managed effectively, including the client and operating partners, subsurface, technical and operations. Interfaces with other regions for specialist support as required. Strive for continuous improvement through knowledge sharing.
- Represents the company while interfacing with local government or industry bodies.
- Uses pragmatic application of client’s standards and local legislation, ensures adherence to SPM processes and procedures where applicable.
- Complies with, and ensures the implementation of, the SPM Safety & Environment Policy. Demonstrates visible commitment to an excellent HSSE performance, including understanding of the Client and In-Country Standards. Commits to excellent Quality management, including the implementation of a Quality Management Strategy compliant with Client Standards.
- Engineering Degree preferred, fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience of due diligence studies, managing conceptual design work for onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities in Asia, interfacing with subsurface, drilling and commercial teams and working in a business development environment.
ADIL, a Schlumberger company, provides market leading consultancy support to the oil and gas industry across all lifecycle stages—from exploration, through developments and production operations to decommissioning.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
This posting provides an opportunity for those with significant relevant experience in a specialist area to submit their profile for consideration and does not correlate with a specific vacancy. Submitting your details will enable us to match you to future career opportunities. We hire only the best talent, so please read the qualifications section carefully before applying—we only consider candidates who meet these minimum criteria.